- About us
- Get involved
- Help & advice
- Fun & Learning
Staffies. They’re softer than you think
In 2011 Battersea launched its “Staffies. They’re softer than you think” campaign, to reconnect people with the gentle nature of this most misunderstood and increasingly shunned breed. We know that with the right owners, Staffies can be beautifully behaved dogs. But you don't just have to take our word for it – come and meet our dogs and our team and find out more about the breed.
Any journalists interested in Staffies are invited to contact our Communications team to arrange a visit to one of our three centres to meet some of our current Staffies, interview a member of staff, or discover more about the breed. Please find a selection of Staffie resources below, which are available to be used by journalists.
- The launch of Battersea’s “Staffies: They’re softer than you think” campaign here
- The history of the Staffordshire Bull Terrier here
- Statistics about Battersea’s Staffies here
- What owners say about Staffies here
- Staffie videos from our supporters and Staffies looking for a home here
You can access a selection of Staffordshire Bull Terrier images for use in the media here