- Posts available:1
- Salary:Dependent on experience
- Full/Part time:Full Time
- Contract type:Permanent
- Closing date:Sunday, June 7, 2020
We are looking for a Veterinary Surgeon to provide a high standard of cost-effective clinical care and customer service, treating Battersea inpatients and outpatients across all Battersea sites where required
Battersea is here for every dog and cat and has been since 1860. We are a leading animal welfare charity and over the last 150 years we’ve grown from one home in London to three rescuing and rehoming centres across the South East. With c500 staff and 1000 volunteers, we have cared for over three million vulnerable animals We also campaign tirelessly to make things better for dogs and cats; sharing our expertise and educating the public and policymakers about responsible pet ownership. Join us and make a difference for every dog and cat.
Our Clinic Team
The Veterinary Clinic team is responsible for the health and welfare of all animals across Battersea’s three sites. The team achieves this through providing high standards of veterinary care in all clinical procedures, operative surgery, preventative medicine and infection control, and through assistance and guidance on all matters of veterinary care to other departments within the Home. The London Clinic is also an approved training centre for student veterinary nurses.
What we can offer you
Our dedicated people mean that we can be here for every dog and cat. Whether you are sharing an office with our dogs or directly caring for our cats, our animals show their appreciation every day. There is no better reward than seeing the difference you make to the lives of our dogs and cats first-hand; although we also provide a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- 28 days annual leave (not including 8 days paid public holidays per year)
- Generous pension contributions – up to 10% employer contribution
- Professional membership fees
- 5 days per year CPD training/conference attendance
- Cost-price veterinary care for animals rehomed from Battersea
- Annual interest-free season ticket loans and cycle to work scheme
- Free healthcare cash plan where you can claim for a range of treatments including dental (£120), optical (£130), physiotherapy, chiropody and acupuncture (£300) every year.
- Discounted gym memberships and access to Battersea’s many social clubs and activities.
- Subsidised meals through Battersea’s brand new onsite café facilities
So, if you are passionate about dogs, cats and about our work, then we’d like to hear from you.
For full details, including our job applicant privacy notice, please download our recruitment pack. You can apply by visiting our online application portal. All applications must be submitted before the closing date advertised.