3 simple cat treats
07 JULY 2021
Our cat treats are the perfect way to treat your cat to something special. The recipes are easy to follow and contain no more than three ingredients!
Give these to your cat as an occasional treat, alongside a well-balanced diet. These are not suitable for cats with special dietary requirements.
HOMEMADE BEEF JERKY
- Preheat the oven to 60C or the lowest setting. Roll out 150g of lean beef mince on a sheet of baking paper with a rolling pin to about 3mm thick.
- Score a checkered pattern on the meat with a table knife so you can break them into bite-sized pieces later.
- Dehydrate in the oven for 4-6 hours on a baking paper lined oven rack, or until the meat is dry all the way through.
Once cool, you can treat your cat! The beef jerky can be kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
GUMMY CAT TREATS
- Add a tin of tuna in spring water (around 140g, liquid included) to a bowl and blitz with a hand blender until smooth.
- Melt 2 gelatine leaves in 50ml of boiling water and add to the bowl. Stir until well combined.
- Spoon the mixture into a silicone mould and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or until set.
The gummy treats can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
QUICK TUNA BALLS
- Add 10g oats, 15g peas and 60g tuna in spring water (including a splash of the liquid) to a bowl.
- Roughly mix together using a hand blender.
- Take a teaspoon of the mixture and roll into a ball with your hands. Repeat until you have used up all the mixture. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to set.
The tuna treats can be kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.