Cat-friendly egg cups
23 JUNE 2021
Our recipe for homemade cat-friendly egg cups is quick and simple to make, as well as being a tasty treat for your four-legged friend.
This recipe is easy to follow and only uses a few ingredients that are easy to find! Remember that this should only be given to your cat as an occasional treat and should be fed to them alongside a well-balanced diet. It’s not suitable for cats with special dietary requirements.
150g cooked chicken breast, shredded or chopped small
30g spinach*, finely chopped
(Makes 12 servings)
* Spinach should not be given to cats with renal or urinary issues. You can substitute spinach with vegetables such as green beans and peas.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan, and lightly grease a 6-cup muffin tray.
- Add the eggs to a bowl and whisk. Add the chicken and spinach and mix to combine.
- Pour the mixture evenly into the muffin tray, until halfway full.
- Bake the egg cups in the oven for 18-20 minutes, until cooked through and golden brown on top. You can check for doneness by poking a cocktail stick into the centre — it will come out clean when done.
Once cool, you can treat your cat! We recommend giving your cat half an egg cup per serving. The egg cups can be kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.