Homemade Dog-friendly Ice Lollies
07 MAY 2020
Our dog-friendly ice lollies are the perfect summery warm weather treat for your four-legged friend.
Not only will your dog absolutely love them, but they’re also a great way to help keep them cool on a hot day. These should only be an occasional treat for your dog and should be given to them alongside a well-balanced diet that’s appropriate for their age and lifestyle.
- 1 Apple
- 1 Carrot
- 300ml Water
- Meaty treat stick (Stick-shaped edible dog treat)
- Paper cups for a mould
- Slice your apple, making sure that the core and seeds are removed, and chop into small pieces. Then grate your carrot.
- Measure out the water into a jug and tip in your apple and carrot. Blend with a hand blender until smooth. This recipe will make around 5 lollies.
- Pour the mixture into small paper cups and place in the freezer until they are partially frozen. This will take between 1-2 hours.
- Once they are partially set, take them out and add a meaty stick-shaped treat to create the stick of the ice lolly. Place back in the freezer until completely set.
- Remove the paper cup before giving one to your dog. We recommend your dog a lolly outside (in a shaded area if it is a very hot day), in their bowl or on a floor which you can easily clean, so it doesn’t melt into any rugs or carpet.