Battersea’s “Big Friendly Giant” Needs Loving New Home After Almost 300 Days at Rescue Centre
02 AUGUST 2022
An energetic five-year-old Bulgarian Shepherd called Drake is desperately looking to find a loving new home after spending nearly 300 days at Battersea’s Brands Hatch centre.
Drake has now been at the leading animal welfare charity for 294 days, which is over eight times as long as the average Battersea dog (35 days) and now needs new owners who can give him the love and care that he deserves.
Described by Battersea staff as a “big friendly giant,” Drake is a bundle of energy who loves spending time with his favourite people. Typical of his breed, he has very fluffy fur and enjoys lying down for regular brushing sessions.
Michelle Bevan, Rehoming and Welfare Manager at Battersea Brands Hatch, said:
“Drake is such a sweet boy, and as he’s now been with us here at Brands Hatch longer than any other dog at the centre, we’re all looking forward to him finding new owners and settling into a forever home.
“Despite his large size, Drake isn’t afraid to leap up and sit on the laps of Battersea’s staff and because he’s such a big dog he gives even bigger cuddles.
“Drake can be very adventurous, and he enjoys nothing more than a good roam around where he can go off exploring.
“He loves playing with his soft toys and during some recent training he showed that he was very partial to a hot dog as a special reward.”
Drake would preferably need a spacious countryside garden with a secure fence and new owners would need to continue training to be able to help get Drake used to meeting new dogs and people.
Drake is also looking for a home with owners who have previous experience in owning large guarding breeds.
If you think that this gentle giant could be your perfect canine companion, please visit the Battersea website: https://www.battersea.org.uk/.
For further information and images please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to editors
- At Battersea we offer our love and expert care to dogs and cats who need us by rescuing, rehabilitating and rehoming animals at our centres, and by sharing our knowledge and resources with rescue organisations around the world. We do this because we want to help every dog and cat, everywhere.
- In 2021 Battersea directly cared for 1,601 dogs and 1,743 cats at our three centres. We also helped thousands more through our Communities programme, campaigning work, supporting other rescue centres and animal welfare advocates, and sharing knowledge and advice with pet owners.
- We’re reliant on the generosity of the public to continue to fund our vital work helping dogs and cats and the people who care for them. To donate to Battersea, visit: https://donate.battersea.org.uk
- In addition to the site in Brands Hatch, Kent, Battersea also has two other centres based in Old Windsor, Berkshire and South West London.
- To find out more visit our website or follow Battersea on Twitter @battersea_ , Instagram @battersea or facebook.com/Battersea