Battersea’s cuddliest canine is looking for a Christmas miracle- this broken boy wants a home to call his own
With his huge smile, love of cuddles and happy-go-lucky personality- it’s hard not to fall in love with Battersea Dogs & Cats Home’s Brody.
But Battersea staff know it will not be easy to find this lovable, five-year-old black Labrador a home.
Although you would never guess it when you see him happily playing with his human and canine friends, Brody has Lumbosacral Disease-a condition similar to arthritis of the spine.
Brody was brought into Battersea’s Old Windsor centre because his owner’s circumstances changed and they were no longer able to take care of him.
His condition means this lovable, cuddle-monster can’t play rough-and-tumble games with other dogs and as he gets older he is likely to need ongoing medical treatment.
Battersea Dogs & Cats Home Old Windsor Centre Manager Kaye Mughal says: “Brody is such an affectionate dog and all the Battersea staff love to sit with him and have cuddles and kisses. But we urgently need to find our resident snuggle-lover a home. He’s a super happy boy, but ultimately the kennels are not a good long-term environment for a dog with his condition so we want to get him into a new home as quickly as we can.”
“We know it’s going to be hard to find the perfect family for Brody- but we’re crossing our fingers for a Christmas miracle. We know there’s a special home out there for him, where he can have all the cuddles and attention he deserves.”
Brody loves children and other dogs, but because of his medical condition he’ll be looking for a home where he’s the only pooch and with older children only.
If you could give Battersea’s broken boy the Christmas miracle of a home, please ring 01784 494 443 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information or for additional photos, please email email@example.com or call 0207 627 9333.
Notes to editors
- Battersea Dogs & Cats Home has three centres. In addition to the site in South West London, the Home also has two other centres based at Old Windsor, Berkshire and Brands Hatch, Kent.
- Established in 1860, Battersea Dogs & Cats Home aims never to turn away a dog or cat in need of our help, caring for them until their owners or loving new homes can be found, no matter how long it takes. We are champions for, and supporters of, vulnerable dogs and cats, determined to create lasting changes for animals in our society.
- The average stay at Battersea is 30 days for a dog and 22 days for a cat
- Since it was founded, Battersea has rescued, reunited and rehomed over 3.1 million dogs and cats.
- In 2015, across its three centres, the Home cared for over 8000 animals, including nearly 5000 dogs and over 3000 cats
- Battersea cares for an average of 260 dogs and 220 cats across its three centres at any one time.
- Battersea Dogs & Cats Home receives no central government funding towards the care of its dogs and cats and relies on the generosity and support of the public to help care for lost and abandoned dogs & cats. To make a donation visit our website or call 0870 890 0000.
- For further information on Battersea Dogs & Cats Home please visit www.battersea.org.uk.