Battersea’s magnificent Missy is seeking her soulmate this Valentine’s Day
With Valentine’s Day tomorrow, Battersea Dogs & Cats Home’s longest-stay London resident is looking for her soulmate.
Marvellous Mongrel Missy has been unlucky in love so far, spending more than 120 days at the world-famous charity’s London site – but she’s hoping Cupid will help her find a new family. While the average length of stay for a dog at Battersea is around a month, the lovelorn dog has been waiting for a new home since October.
Battersea Dog Rehoming Team Leader Tarryn Peinke said: “It’s difficult to understand why Missy has been having such a tough time finding a home, when she’s super intelligent, eager to please and friendly. We think people might be being put off by her size, but Missy is bursting with love and affection.
“She’s been unlucky in love so far - through no fault of her own, this is her second time at Battersea. She was brought into us as a puppy and then came back to us a few months ago, because her owner could no longer take care of her. Now this gorgeous girl is looking for her perfect match - and this time she’s hoping it will be forever.”
If you think you might be the perfect match for Missy or any of Battersea’s other dogs, call 0843 509 4444 or visit battersea.org.uk.
- Ends -
For more information and images please contact 020 7627 9333 or email email@example.com
Notes to editors
- Established in 1860, Battersea Dogs & Cats Home aims never to turn away a dog or cat in need of our help, caring for them until their owners or loving new homes can be found, no matter how long it takes. We are champions for, and supporters of, vulnerable dogs and cats, determined to create lasting changes for animals in our society.
- Since it was founded, Battersea has rescued, reunited and rehomed over 3.1 million dogs and cats.
- In 2015 the Home cared for over 8000 dogs and cats.
- Battersea cares for an average of 260 dogs and 220 cats across its three centres at any one time.
- We have over 1200 volunteers. In 2015 volunteers dedicated over 73,000 hours to Battersea.
- Battersea Dogs & Cats Home receives no central government funding towards the care of its dogs and cats and relies on the generosity and support of the public to help care for lost and abandoned dogs & cats. To make a donation visit our website or call 0207 627 7883.
- For further information on Battersea Dogs & Cats Home please visit www.battersea.org.uk.
- Follow Battersea on Twitter @BDCH or facebook.com/Battersea