Battersea's Hydrotherapy Centre opens for all
17 JUNE 2021
Battersea, the leading animal welfare charity, has opened a new state-of-the-art hydrotherapy centre at its world-famous London site. The new facility will be dedicated to providing much-needed care for the dogs that come through its gates as well as being open for bookings from members of the public for their own dogs.
Battersea’s expert team of hydrotherapists and veterinary physiotherapists, will support the post-operative rehabilitation and recovery of animals, as well as providing additional exercise opportunities to meet a dogs emotional and physical needs.
Hydrotherapy can be beneficial for dogs of all shapes and sizes which is why Battersea will offer public hydrotherapy sessions tailored to an animal’s individual needs; from water familiarising sessions for puppies right through to sessions designed to help alleviate pain and ailments in more vulnerable dogs.
Nathalie Ingham, Canine Behaviour & Training Manager at Battersea, said: “Battersea has always focused on providing the highest standards of animal care and now we look forward to helping many more dogs with our hydrotherapy facilities. Several dogs in our care have been having regular sessions already and it’s clear to see what a positive impact it’s had on the dogs, not just physically, but mentally too.
“It’s great to be able to open up the facilities to members of the public, and help even more dogs beyond our gates.”
The hydrotherapy facility, which has been able to open thanks to the generous support of some of Battersea’s donors, includes a 6x3m pool, resistance jets and an underwater treadmill.
For more information and details on how to book a hydrotherapy session with one of Battersea’s expert hydrotherapists and veterinary physiotherapists, please click here
Notes to editors
- Battersea is committed to helping every dog and cat that needs us – championing their rights, loving their imperfections and expertly caring for them because rescue is our favourite breed.
- The hydrotherapy centre is located at the Battersea London centre in brand new facilities.
- Public bookings must be made in advanced through the booking form online - https://www.battersea.org.uk/about-us/what-we-do/hydrotherapy-battersea. Battersea will need a vet referral from the dog’s regular vet before confirming the appointment.
- The hydrotherapy centre has been kindly funded by a group of private individuals and trusts. Battersea is very grateful for everyone’s support.
- Battersea is adhering to all social distancing rules during this time.
- We’re reliant on the generosity of the public to continue to fund our vital work helping dogs and cats and the people who care for them. To donate to Battersea, visit https://donate.battersea.org.uk
- In addition to the site in London, Battersea also has two other centres based at Old Windsor, Berkshire and Brands Hatch, Kent.
- Follow Battersea on Twitter @battersea_ or facebook.com/Battersea