Battersea's Muddy Dog Challenge returns to Stansted
17 FEBRUARY 2022
The Muddy Dog Challenge is back in Stansted for more mud, sweat and cheers helping to raise money for the dogs and cats at Battersea.
Battersea’s Muddy Dog Challenge is an obstacle course you can tackle with your dog by your side. The aim of the challenge is simply to have fun while raising money for Battersea. Participants can enter solo, in a team with the kids, with or without a dog, and there is a distance of 2.5km or 5km to choose from. Participants can decide to run or walk the obstacle course – both options will be as equally fun (and muddy).
Each Muddy Dog Challenge participant is encouraged to raise a target of £100 for Battersea so they can continue helping dogs and cats in the UK and overseas. For ideas and inspiration, you can look on their website for fundraising tips.
All registered participants will receive a Muddy Dog Challenge t-shirt and dog bandana to take part in, and a medal and rosette for crossing the finish line.
Event details: The Muddy Dog Challenge Stansted
Date: Saturday 11 June 2022
Location: Elms Farm Estate, Stansted, Essex, CM24 8UD
Cost: £35 - £45 (£5 per child)
Jasmine Monk, Senior Challenge Events Officer at Battersea, commented: “We are really excited to be back in Stansted for the Muddy Dog Challenge and we can’t wait to see you all tackle our obstacle course! It’s been another tough year, but we are so grateful for all of our wonderful supporters.”
“Battersea continues to go above and beyond for every dog and cat in the UK and overseas – from rescuing and rehabilitating animals in our centres, to supporting rescue shelters abroad – so every penny you raise will help us continue our mission to be there for every dog and cat who needs our help. Registrations are open now so please sign up as soon as possible. We look forward to seeing everyone having fun in the mud again!”
Registration for places close on Saturday 21 May. If taking part isn’t your thing, Battersea is always looking for volunteers for the event, for more details and how to register for the Muddy Dog Challenge, visit https://muddydog.battersea.org.uk/
For more information and images please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to editors
- The Muddy Dog Challenge raises money for Battersea. Registration for the remaining events are now open at https://muddydog.battersea.org.uk/
- Battersea is on the lookout for volunteers for various roles at the Muddy Dog Challenge, for those who don’t want to run the course but still want to get involved, please visit https://muddydog.battersea.org.uk/volunteers to find out more about how to volunteer.
- Battersea has been working hard to ensure the event can be enjoyed safely by all, and attendees will be advised in advance as to what COVID measures will be in place, depending on current guidelines.
- Battersea is committed to helping every dog and cat that needs us – championing their rights, loving their imperfections and expertly caring for them because rescue is our favourite breed.
- We’re reliant on the generosity of the public to continue to fund our vital work helping dogs and cats and the people who care for them. To donate to Battersea, visit https://donate.battersea.org.uk
- In addition to the site in London, Battersea also has two other centres based at Old Windsor, Berkshire and Brands Hatch, Kent.
- Follow Battersea on Twitter @battersea_ or facebook.com/Battersea