Celebrate The Queen’s birthday at Battersea Brands Hatch by joining the tea party with our terriers and tabbies!
01 JUNE 2016
Join us at Battersea Dogs & Cats Home in Brands Hatch for a royal tea party fit for a Queen on Saturday 11 June to help us celebrate Her Majesty’s 90th Birthday. Come and find out more about the wonderful work that Battersea does over some pawsome tea and cake where they’ll be opportunities to meet our own royal residents that are looking for new homes. You will help to raise the vital funds that Battersea needs to care for its countryside cats and canines each year.
Event: Queen’s Birthday Tea Party
Admission: Admission to the tea party is free, normal charges will apply to visit the rest of the Battersea Brands Hatch centre, Adult - £2, Child (3-15 years) - £1, Child (under 3 years) - Free, Concession - £1, Groups of up to five people (all denominations) - £7
Location: Battersea Dogs & Cats Home, Brands Hatch, Crowhurst Lane, Ash, Kent TN15 7HH
Date: Saturday 11 June 2016
Time: 10.30am to 2pm
The Queen has been patron of Battersea Dogs & Cats Home for nearly 60 years and Battersea Brands Hatch are inviting people to celebrate her special birthday with them over a countryside cuppa. There will also be crafts for children, cakes and other refreshments available and staff from the world renowned charity will be on hand to discuss ways in which people can get involved in Battersea’s volunteering and fostering activities. Staff hope that this event will inspire members of the public to support Battersea with all donations raised from the tea party being vital in continuing to help Battersea care for dogs like Alaskan Malamute Theo who has been at Brands Hatch for over 600 days - more than 13 times longer than the average stay for a dog. There’s no time limit on how long a dog can be cared for at Battersea, but after waiting patiently for nearly two years, Theo really deserves a second chance.
- Ends -
For more information and images please contact 020 7627 9291 or email email@example.com
Notes to editors
- Battersea Brands Hatch was opened in 1999.
- The Brands Hatch centre typically cares for around 45 dogs and 30 cats at one time.
- Established in 1860, Battersea Dogs & Cats Home aims never to turn away a dog or cat in need of our help. We reunite lost dogs and cats with their owners through our Lost Dogs & Cats Line or care for them until new homes can be found for them, giving them shelter and the highest standards of kennelling and veterinary care.
- Since it was founded, Battersea has rescued, reunited and rehomed over 3.1 million dogs and cats.
- Battersea cares for an average of 400 dogs and 250 cats across its three centres at any one time.
- There is no time limit on how long an animal can stay at the charity.
- Battersea Dogs & Cats Home receives no central Government funding towards the care of its dogs and cats and relies on the generosity and support of the public to help care for lost and abandoned dogs and cats. To make a donation visit our website or call 020 7627 7883.
- Follow Battersea on Twitter @battersea_ or facebook.com/Battersea