Meet Minnie, Kent’s saddest looking senior Staffie who needs the luck of the Irish this St Patrick’s Day
17 MARCH 2016
Battersea Brands Hatch are hoping that St Patrick’s Day will bring the luck of the Irish to their saddest and most senior Staffie Minnie who desperately needs cheering up after marking her 100th day in the Kent kennels.
Twelve year old sweet Staffie Minnie arrived at Battersea back in November after her owners could no longer care for her and has been so sad some days that she doesn’t even want to venture out for a walk. She arrived covered in red patches and feeling itchy and sore from a skin condition which has since almost completely cleared up after a little love and TLC from Battersea’s dedicated clinic and kennel teams.
Michelle Bevan, Rehoming and Welfare Manager of Battersea Brands Hatch, said: “Our Minnie could definitely win the award for Kent’s saddest looking Staffie as she’s incredibly down in the dumps being in kennels. But under that sad face is an absolutely gorgeous senior lady with a heart of gold. She’s a real ambassador for her breed and loves people, her toys and a good cuddle.
“People see an older dog and don’t look twice but they are missing out on the most affectionate, loving Staffie with our heavyhearted hound Minnie. Staffie lovers know that this brilliant breed does not deserve its misunderstood reputation for being aggressive and Minnie is as soft and cuddly as they come.
Michelle continued: “Minnie would love to be the only dog in the home so she can get your full attention and is looking for understanding new owners who can give her lots of TLC. She is desperately hoping her luck will take a turn for the better and a new home will be awaiting her at the end of the rainbow this St Patricks Day.”
If Minnie is lucky enough to catch your eye and you think you can give her the forever home she deserves this St Patrick’s Day please contact 0800 001 4444.
Notes to Editors
- Battersea has joined forces with rescue centres throughout the UK that to promote the softer side of Staffies as part of its ‘Staffies. Softer than you Think’ campaign.
- Battersea Brands Hatch was opened in 1999.
- The Brands Hatch centre typically cares for around 45 dogs and 30 cats at one time.
- Established in 1860, Battersea Dogs & Cats Home aims never to turn away a dog or cat in need of our help. We reunite lost dogs and cats with their owners through our Lost Dogs & Cats Line or care for them until new homes can be found for them, giving them shelter and the highest standards of kennelling and veterinary care.
- Since it was founded, Battersea has rescued, reunited and rehomed over 3.1 million dogs and cats.
- Battersea cares for an average of 400 dogs and 250 cats across its three centres at any one time.
- There is no time limit on how long an animal can stay at the charity.
- Battersea Dogs & Cats Home receives no central Government funding towards the care of its dogs and cats and relies on the generosity and support of the public to help care for lost and abandoned dogs and cats. To make a donation visit our website or call 020 7627 7883.
- Follow Battersea on Twitter @battersea_ or facebook.com/Battersea