Santa Paws is coming to town! Bring your dog to Battersea Old Windsor’s pup-ular Christmas photoshoot
Santa will be paying a visit to Battersea Dogs & Cats Home in Old Windsor over the weekend of 3-4 December, to give dog owners a Christmas photo opportunity with a difference.
Visitors can bring their canine companion to the shelter for the annual Santa Paws event- where they can visit Father Christmas’ grotto for an a-paw-able doggie photoshoot.
Last year, Battersea Old Windsor had around 150 people come to Santa Paws when it was a one-day event and, due to its popularity, this year it will run for two days to give even more supporters a chance to experience the festive fun.
Battersea Old Windsor Centre Manager Kaye Mughal says: “You don’t have to own a Battersea dog to come along to Santa Paws - all dog owners and their four-legged friends are welcome. Visitors can have their pooch photographed alone with Santa, or get the whole family involved for the ultimate Christmas card photoshoot. While guests wait for Father Christmas, they can try for a prize in the festive raffle or stop for tea and cake amongst the tinsel.”
“We currently have lots of dogs looking for new homes who are very happy to live with other dogs – so if you’re thinking of expanding your canine family, this is also a great chance to come and meet some of our lovely waggy-tailed residents.”
Santa Paws event details
Location: Battersea Old Windsor, Priest Hill, Englefield Green, Windsor, SL4 2JN
Dates: Saturday 3 and Sunday 4 December 2016
Time: 10:30am – 4:30pm
Admission to Santa Paws, which includes one photograph, cost £4.50, with reduced prices for additional prints.
Battersea Old Windsor’s Kennels and Cattery will be open as usual with normal admissions fees applying (£2 for adults and £1 for children).
For more information and images please contact Press on 0207 627 9333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to editors
- Each year the Battersea Old Windsor’s Santa’s Grotto has a different theme. This year the theme will be ‘Christmas dining.’
- Battersea Dogs & Cats Home has three centres. In addition to the site in South West London, the Home also has two other centres based at Old Windsor, Berkshire and Brands Hatch, Kent.
- Established in 1860, Battersea Dogs & Cats Home aims never to turn away a dog or cat in need of our help, caring for them until their owners or loving new homes can be found, no matter how long it takes. We are champions for, and supporters of, vulnerable dogs and cats, determined to create lasting changes for animals in our society.
- The average stay at Battersea is 30 days for a dog and 22 days for a cat
- Since it was founded, Battersea has rescued, reunited and rehomed over 3.1 million dogs and cats.
- Battersea cares for an average of 260 dogs and 220 cats across its three centres at any one time.
- Last year Battersea Old Windsor cared for over 1,200 dogs and around 650 cats
- Battersea Dogs & Cats Home receives no central government funding towards the care of its dogs and cats and relies on the generosity and support of the public to help care for lost and abandoned dogs & cats. To make a donation visit our website or call 0870 890 0000.
- For further information on Battersea Dogs & Cats Home please visit www.battersea.org.uk