Santa Paws returns to Battersea at the most wonderful time of the year
06 NOVEMBER 2019
On 16 November, Battersea’s Old Windsor centre will be inviting all good boys and girls of Berkshire and beyond to meet a very special guest.
From 10:30 till 16:00, Santa Claus will be visiting the Old Windsor rehoming centre to meet members of the public and their pet dogs and help them get into the festive mood, with an array of jolly activities available for all the family.
Dogs will be able to take part in a photoshoot with Father Christmas, and the whole family can enjoy Santa’s very own selfie grotto.
Also on offer will be an indoor craft market, canine behaviour and advice sessions, and a raffle and tombola. Refreshments will also be available, including a range of cakes and freshly made pizza.
Sean Welland, Rehoming and Welfare Manager at Battersea Old Windsor said: “Christmas is a time to spend with family, and while some of the dogs and cats at Battersea will be in kennels over the festive season, our incredible staff and volunteers will be here to make sure they don’t miss out.
“Santa Paws is a wonderful opportunity for all dogs and their owners to come to our centre and enjoy some festive fun, while also raising money to make Christmas a little more merry for our residents.”
Due to ongoing building works, there is limited free parking available on site, on a first come, first served basis. Alternatively, there is pay and display parking in Memorials Car Park at Runnymede, a 15 minute walk from Battersea Old Windsor.
If you’d like to join in the festive fun this year, you can get your free tickets on Battersea’s Eventbrite page.
Alternatively, if you can’t make it to Santa Paws, but would still like to spread a little festive cheer to Battersea residents, you can make an online donation by visiting www.battersea.org.uk
Battersea Old Windsor
- Battersea is here for every dog and cat and has been since 1860. Since it was founded 160 years ago, Battersea has rescued, reunited and rehomed over 3.1 million dogs and cats.
- We believe that every dog and cat deserves the best. That’s why we aim to never turn away a dog or cat in need.
- Battersea helps nearly 7,000 dogs and cats across its three centres and uses its expertise, influence, and voice to help thousands more animals all over the country and across the world.
- Battersea cares for an average of 250 dogs and 120 cats across its three centres at any one time.
- There is no time limit on how long an animal can stay at Battersea, but the average stay for a dog is 35 days and 23 days for a cat.
- In addition to the site in South West London, Battersea also has two other centres based at Old Windsor, Berkshire and Brands Hatch, Kent.
- For further information on Battersea, please visit www.battersea.org.uk.
- Follow Battersea on Twitter @battersea_ or facebook.com/Battersea