Windsor Muddy Dog Challenge Raises Over £177,000 For Battersea
24 SEPTEMBER 2021
Over 2,000 animal lovers and their dogs came together at Great Windsor Park last weekend (18 and 19 September) to take part in Battersea’s Muddy Dog Challenge. The total raised from this event so far is £177,673. The funds raised will go towards the vital care of the thousands of homeless animals that Battersea helps every year, which has a centre in nearby Old Windsor.
Battersea’s Muddy Dog Challenge is one of the UK’s biggest obstacle courses you can take part in with your dog. The aim of the challenge is to have fun while raising money.
After events were postponed last year, the Muddy Dog Challenge in Windsor was able to take place with participants tackling obstacles including ‘Canine Crawl’, ‘Muddy Mayhem’ and ‘Ball Pit Splash’.
The weekend also saw the launch of Battersea’s ‘Wear Blue for Rescue’ campaign. Rescue owners and supporters alike can get involved to help champion rescue animals and show their love for those who deserve a second chance in life by proudly wearing the Rescue symbol. The symbol is a way to stand out, stand up and unite all animal lovers far and wide.
Battersea’s Senior Challenge Events Officer, Jasmine Monk, said: “Thank you so much to everyone who came and conquered the Muddy Dog Challenge in Windsor with us. We are so grateful to each and every single person and dog who turned up – whether they were taking part, volunteering or cheering their loved ones on. It was great to see everyone back after a difficult year and a half. All the money raised will allow Battersea’s dedicated staff to care for the thousands of dogs and cats that need our help. We wouldn’t be able to do it without everyone’s support, so thank you.”
The Muddy Dog Challenge, which is proudly supported by Seresto flea and tick control collar, will be travelling all over the UK. Registration for places are still available for some of the events but there isn’t long left to sign up. Please check the website for more information and how to volunteer at https://muddydog.battersea.org.uk/
Get involved with the rescue movement and ‘Wear Blue for Rescue’. Buy a rescue symbol with items including pin badges, tote bags or pet tag, wear it with pride, share on social media by tagging @Battersea and using #RescueIsMyFavouriteBreed and donate to help rescue animals everywhere. To find out more, visit https://battersea.org.uk/WearBlueForRescue
For more information and images please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to editors
- Battersea’s Wear Blue for Rescue campaign is an opportunity for rescue owners and supporters to unite and champion the animals they love. It’s a chance for rescue animals and rescue lovers alike to wear a symbol that proudly shows their feelings to the world.
- As part of Wear Blue for Rescue, Battersea are also launching the Rescue symbol, a new symbol of support for rescue animals around the world. The charity is calling on everyone to show their love of rescues and to unite behind the Rescue symbol, championing the wonderful rescue animals that are all around us in our homes and communities.
- The Muddy Dog Challenge raises money for Battersea. Registration for some of the remaining events are still open at https://muddydog.battersea.org.uk/
- Battersea is on the lookout for volunteers for various roles at the Muddy Dog Challenge, for those who don’t want to run the course but still want to get involved, please visit https://muddydog.battersea.org.uk/volunteers to find out more about how to volunteer.
- Battersea has been working hard to ensure the event can be enjoyed safely by all, and attendees will be advised in advance as to what COVID measures will be in place, depending on current guidelines.
- For more information on Battersea’s sponsor, Seresto Flea and Tick Control collar, please visit www.seresto.co.uk. With 7-8 months clinically proven protection, Seresto believes every pet should be free to play on without the fear of fleas and ticks.
- Battersea is committed to helping every dog and cat that needs us – championing their rights, loving their imperfections and expertly caring for them because rescue is our favourite breed.
- We’re reliant on the generosity of the public to continue to fund our vital work helping dogs and cats and the people who care for them. To donate to Battersea, visit https://donate.battersea.org.uk
- In addition to the site in London, Battersea also has two other centres based at Old Windsor, Berkshire and Brands Hatch, Kent.
- Follow Battersea on Twitter @battersea_ or facebook.com/Battersea