Battersea aims to never turn away a dog or cat in need of help, caring for them until their owners or loving new homes can be found, no matter how long it takes. We are champions for, and supporters of, vulnerable dogs and cats, determined to create lasting changes for animals in our society.
Animal care and education
Established in 1860, we’re one of just a few animal rescue centres that run a non-selective intake policy. This means we accept any breed of animal, at any age, including dogs or cats with serious medical and behavioural problems. Find out more about our intake policy.
Our expert team of dog trainers and veterinary staff give the animals in our care the best possible chance of a fresh start in a happy new home. Find out more about our animal care.
We work hard to educate the public about responsible pet ownership including microchipping, neutering and training.
Everything we do as individuals and teams, as vets and volunteers, fundraisers and foster carers, nurses, kennel and rehoming staff, is underpinned by our values:
- Care – We care wholeheartedly about our mission to be here for every dog and cat, and the work we each do to acheive this.
- Expertise – We are experts at what we do, focusing on continual improvement, learning and growing our expertise, so we can all be the best we can be.
- Determination – We stay focused and solve problems to achieve our goals and our mission to be here for every dog and cat.
- Respect – We treat one another with respect, just as we treat every dog and cat with respect.
- Inclusion – We champion diversity in all its forms, so that everyone can be themselves and feel valued and included.
- Collaboration– We understand that by working together across teams and with our partners, we acheive more for dogs and cats.
Funding our future
We rely on the generosity and support of the public to continue to be here for dogs and cats that need us.