Homemade dog treats
29 MAY 2019
Why not spoil your dog with these homemade dog biscuits? They’re super simple to make and are a delicious treat for your four-legged friend.
Dog treats like this should only be given to your dog as an occasional treat, alongside a well-balanced diet appropriate for their age, lifestyle and health. If you are concerned about your dog’s diet, seek advice from your vet.
Plain or Wholemeal Flour 300g
Rolled oats 100g (non-flavoured)
Peanut Butter 250g (make sure it does not contain xylitol sweetener which can be harmful to dogs)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (170 fan or 350°F).
- Blend together the peeled bananas, eggs, peanut butter and honey. If you don’t have a blender you can mash the bananas with a fork and whisk in the rest of the wet ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour and oats, then add this to the wet mixture.
- Bring the mixture together with a spoon or using hands until it forms a dough.
- Dust a work surface with flour and roll out the dough to be around 1cm in thickness. Use a cookie cutter to cut out biscuits from the dough.
- Place the biscuits on a lined baking tray and bake in the oven for around 20 minutes or until golden brown in colour. Leave to cool fully before feeding to your dog.