Muddy Dog Trek FAQs
Do you have any unanswered questions about the Muddy Dog Trek? Then you've come to the right place!
- South Down - Both distances will start at Firle Place, Lewes, BN8 6NS. The route will take a loop through the South Downs and finish back in Firle Place.
- Cotswolds - Both distances will start at Sudeley Castle & Gardens Gloucestershire, GL54 5JD. The route will take a loop through the Cotswolds and finish back in Sudeley Castle.
The registration fee goes towards the cost of putting on the event including venue hire, planning and marking the route, signage and maps, refreshments, first aid and vet cover, and marketing. You will also receive a t-shirt and medal, and bandana and rosette for your dog on the day.
We ask that every human participant raises a minimum of £150 (for the 10k distance) or £200 (for the 20k distance) in sponsorship so that we can ensure as much money as possible goes towards helping our dogs and cats. You will be given up to one month after the event to complete your fundraising, so you do not need to have raised the full amount by event day. We will be providing you with lots of fundraising advice in the lead up to the event and our dedicated team will be on-hand to support you with your fundraising.
On the day
- 10km - Participants must reach the halfway rest stop by 14.00 and complete the course by 18.00.
- 20km - Participants must reach the first rest stop by 12.30, the lunch stop by 14.00, the afternoon rest stop by 16.30, and complete the course by 18.00.
There will be a staff member, called the back marker, walking both routes in the slowest time allowed so participants know what speed they need to walk to complete the course on time. If participants arrive to a rest stop later than the time listed above, they will be driven to the next rest stop or the finish line.
The 10K route has one rest stop where participants can enjoy snacks and hot and cold drinks. Participants will then enjoy a light lunch when they finish the course.
The 20K route has a morning rest stop where participants can enjoy snacks and hot and cold drinks, a light lunch stop, followed by an afternoon rest stop for more snacks and drinks.
All participants will receive a glass of bubbly as the cross the finish line!
If you need any further advice, please contact our Events Team:
- Call: 0207 627 7883
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org