Help us raise vital funds for our dogs and cats by holding a tea party. Confirmed cat people can hold a purr-fect tea party, while dedicated dog people can dig in with a barking-mad ruff 'n' ready tea party.
Will you host a Ruff ‘n’ Ready or Purr-fect tea party?
If you’re a confirmed cat person, register for the Purr-fect Tea Party and prepare to party like a puss. With delicately-crafted cakes, you’ll have a tea party that’s the cat’s whiskers. Or if you’re a dedicated dog person, muck in with the Ruff ‘n’ Ready Tea Party and dig into a barking-mad feast with some homemade delights.
The money you raise means we can help the 8,000 dogs and cats that come through our gates every year. So thank you – we really appreciate your support.
Please register your interest early and we will send you all our fun-filled party resources.
Holding your tea party at home
Pick a side and invite all your friends and family to party like a dog or a cat. Your guests won’t be able to resist swishing over for a piece of delectable cake or woofing round for a mug of tea.
After registering you will be able to download our games like 'Pin the hat on the cat' and ask friends for additional donations to take part. Or why not invite guests to compete in making the most delicious bake for an extra donation. Crown the winner and offer a prize.
Holding a tea party at work
Get your office to vote on the theme and ask colleagues to make a donation to Battersea instead of paying for their drinks and snacks.
Planning your Tea Party:
- Get everyone on board by asking permission from your managers and checking your colleagues are up to the challenge. You may be allowed to shift your work’s lunch hour forward or, alternatively, organise it on a weekend
- Send out invites by emailing your whole team – and make sure they RSVP so you know how much tea, coffee and cake is required on the day
- Recruit volunteers to help on the day. Put your colleagues’ baking skills to the test by asking volunteers to each bring a cake along to sell
- Ensure things run smoothly by keeping organised on the day. Remember to assign tasks to your volunteers during the event – from setting up the cake stand to collecting the rubbish at the end
- Boost your donations by holding fun activities throughout your tea party. Not only will this mean more money to donate to Battersea, but it will also provide entertainment for attendees. From raffles and tombolas to games and novelty auctions, there’s always a way to raise more money and have fun in the process. Ask your boss if you can raffle-off an extra day’s holiday if they’re feeling generous
- Tell everyone – tell your customers how you supported Battersea and write about on your website or newsletter. Make sure you take lots of pictures on the day and share them too.
How you are supporting our work
It costs £40,000 a day to run all three of our centres. Every pound you raise from your tea party goes towards caring for the 8,000 dogs and cats that come through our gates every year.
Without the support of people like you, we wouldn’t be able to help dogs like Connie.
Connie the tiny Shih Tzu puppy was brought to our Old Windsor centre after workmen found her trapped and abandoned underneath a traffic cone in a garage yard. The stray seven-week-old puppy was heartlessly and cruelly dumped on purpose, confined to a tiny space the width of a football with no access to food or water.
Against all odds, Connie had no medical conditions as a result of her ordeal. Staff and volunteers cared for her until a new home could be found.
Help us raise vital funds for our cats and dogs in need and register today.
If you have any questions please call the Tea Party team on 020 7627 9327.