To apply for this role please fill in our online application form which will be sent to the Community Fundraising team, who will get back to you as soon as they can.
Bucket Collection Volunteer
- Reference:Bucket Collection Volunteer
- Location:Various locations
- Department:Community Fundraising
- Posts available:
- Full/Part time:Volunteer
- Contract type:Volunteer
- Closing date:Wednesday, February 28, 2018
Why do Battersea need a Bucket Collection Volunteer?
Our talented and award-winning fundraising team is vibrant, ambitious and well respected. It is an exciting time to volunteer at one of the country’s most loved and best known animal charities – and work as part of one of the fastest growing fundraising teams.
This is an opportunity that can fit conveniently around other commitments, while allowing you to support the dogs and cats in Battersea’s care by raising funds.
What would I be doing?
- Raising money using collection buckets at designated underground, train stations and supermarkets once a month (opportunities range from two hours to full day)
- Acting as a positive and friendly representative of the Home
- Answering basic questions about the work of Battersea Dogs & Cats Home
- At some sessions, taking responsibility with another volunteer to act as ‘key contacts’: picking up collection buckets and other materials from their local Battersea centre, attending the full collection, and returning the full buckets after the collection.
- Please note that this role does not involve directly volunteering with animals
What skills and attributes would be useful?
- Passion for animal welfare
- Enthusiastic, energetic and positive manner
- Organised, and able to work independently
- Experience fundraising or volunteering for a charity (desirable not essential)
- Experience handling money on behalf of an organisation (desirable not essential)
What skills and experience will I gain?
- Experience fundraising for an animal welfare organisation / large charity. Your bucket number will be noted and you will be informed how much you raised when the money is counted.
- Experience volunteering with the public
- Experience volunteering as part of a busy fundraising team
Where would I be volunteering?
Collections will take place in various locations - no more than 35 minutes from the Battersea centres (either London: 4 Battersea Park Road, SW8 4AA, or Old Windsor: Priest Hill, Englefield Green, Windsor, SL4 2JN). Please note, this role is not suitable for those who live out of the London and South East area, as we cannot reimburse travel expenses from distrances travelled outside this area.
When would I be volunteering?
Collections take place at various times and days of the week. Volunteers select collections that suit them. We ask for a commitment of one bucket collection per month for a minimum of three months.
Who would be my volunteering contacts?
- May Boyter, Regional Community Fundraiser (London & Hertfordshire)
- Janet Brewer, Regional Community Fundraiser (South East)