Bucket Collection Lead Volunteer
- Reference:Bucket Collection Lead Volunteer
- Location:Various locations
- Department:Community Fundraising
- Posts available:30
- Full/Part time:Volunteer
- Contract type:Volunteer
- Closing date:Monday, December 31, 2018
Why does Battersea need a volunteer?
Bucket collections are a way to raise money and awareness for Battersea’s dog and cats. We value our volunteers as they are a crucial part of the respected Battersea team. It is an exciting time to volunteer at one of the country’s most loved and best-known animal charities. Every penny collected for Battersea really counts and could provide medication for a sick dog and so much more.
This is a volunteering opportunity that is flexible and can fit conveniently around other commitments, while allowing you to support the dogs and cats in Battersea’s care by raising funds.
Bucket collections are a raise money and awareness for Battersea. Our Bucket Collection Lead Volunteers provide vital support to the Community Fundraising team by taking a lead role at our key collection events, as well as being encouraged to organise collection events in their local communities to help raise vital funds for the 7,000 dogs and cats that we care for every year.
In the role Bucket Collection Lead Volunteer, you will supervise some of our key collection events. This will include being the key contact point, facilitating the volunteer rota, liaising with venue staff and handling cash. You would receive support from Battersea’s Community Fundraising team in doing this.
What would I be doing?
- Supervise key collection events organised by the Regional Community Fundraiser. Note: these will be on licensed premises only. They will not be door-to-door or street collections. Act as the key point of contact on the day, including set up and break down, and ensuring basic protocols are followed
- Collect, count and bank funds raised, following guidance provided
- Always be a positive and proactive representative of Battersea.
What experience or skills will I need to do this role?
- Communication skills
- Good ability at team work
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Positive attitude
Please note, you need to be aged 18 years or over to volunteer for this role. You will be required to travel independently within your local community to fulfil this role, however a driver’s licence and access to your own car are not required if local transport is sufficient. All reasonable travel expenses for the role will be fully reimbursed.
What are the benefits for me?
- Making a real difference to the dogs and cats in our care, helping them find new homes and happy futures
- Supporting and fundraising for a prestigious animal welfare organisation/large charity.
- Representing Battersea
- Engaging the public
- Commitment to volunteering and supporting Battersea
- Team work
- Helping more dogs and cats in need
- Developing your knowledge and skills and enhancing your CV
- Developing your organisational skills
- Responsibility in representing Battersea and being a trusted member of the team
What support and materials will I be given?
- Full induction on all aspects of your role
- All appropriate materials to support your role
- Continuous support and advice from the community Fundraising Team.
When would I be volunteering?
This is a flexible role. You will need to be able to commit to approximately 6 hours on the fundraising day to fulfil the role. The most successful collections are during peak times on weekdays and over weekends, so this role works well for people who do not have a lot of time to volunteer but want to make a significant impact. Please note, all volunteering will take place in the London and the South East region, so we unfortunately cannot accept volunteers from outside this region.
Who would be my volunteering contacts?
- Lily O’Mahony, Community Fundraising Assistant
- Christina Franklin, Volunteer Coordinator
How do I apply for this role?
To apply for this role, please fill in our online application form, which will be sent to the Community Fundraising team, who will get back to you as soon as they can.