To apply for this role please fill in our online application form which will be sent to the Community Fundraising team, who will get back to you as soon as they can.
Bucket Collection Volunteer
- Reference:Bucket Collection Volunteer
- Location:Various locations
- Department:Community Fundraising
- Posts available:
- Full/Part time:Volunteer
- Contract type:Volunteer
- Closing date:Monday, December 31, 2018
Why does Battersea need a Bucket Collection Volunteer?
Bucket collections are a way to raise money and awareness for Battersea’s dog and cats. We value our volunteers as they are a crucial part of the respected Battersea team. It is an exciting time to volunteer at one of the country’s most loved and best-known animal charities. Every penny collected for Battersea really counts and could provide medication for an ill dog and so much more.
This is a volunteering opportunity that is flexible and can fit conveniently around other commitments, while allowing you to support the dogs and cats in Battersea’s care by raising funds.
What would I be doing?
- Raising money for Battersea by engaging the public using collection buckets at train stations and supermarkets once a month (opportunities range from two hours to full day)
- Acting as a positive and friendly representative of the Home
- Answering basic questions about the work of Battersea
- Please note that this role does not involve directly volunteering with animals, however we do have our dedicated ambassador dogs which attend the collections
What skills and attributes would be useful?
- Passion for animal welfare
- Enthusiastic, energetic and positive manner
- Good time keeping
What skills and experience will I gain?
- Making a real difference to the dogs and cats in our care, helping them find new homes and happy futures
- Supporting and fundraising for a prestigious animal welfare organisation/large charity.
- Representing Battersea
- Engaging the public
- Commitment to volunteering and supporting Battersea
- Team work
- Helping more dogs and cats in need
Where would I be volunteering?
Collections will take place in various locations - no more than 35 minutes from the Battersea centres (either London: 4 Battersea Park Road, SW8 4AA, or Old Windsor: Priest Hill, Englefield Green, Windsor, SL4 2JN). Please note, this role is not suitable for those who live out of the London and South East area, as we cannot reimburse travel expenses from distances travelled outside this area.
When would I be volunteering?
Collections take place at various times and days of the week and weekend. Volunteers select collections that suit them. We ask for a commitment of one bucket collection per month for a minimum of three months.
Who would be my volunteering contacts?
- Lily O’Mahony, Community Fundraising Assistant
- Christina Franklin, Volunteer Coordinator