Cattery Front of House Volunteer
- Reference:Cattery Front of House Volunteer
- Posts available:1
- Full/Part time:Volunteer
- Contract type:Volunteer
- Closing date:Sunday, July 28, 2019
Why Do We Need a Volunteer?
Our Front of House Volunteers are vital in providing support to our Cattery team, by assisting and advising customers, and offering support to the Reception staff.
We are looking for Volunteers who can help provide Battersea’s visitors with a warm welcome and direct them around the Home. This includes things like meeting and greeting visitors, and advising them of certain information to take note of, for example the rehoming process.
This multi-faceted role also entails supporting the Rehoming team with administrative duties, and helping to manage waiting lists of visitors wishing to adopt an animal.
The Cattery team are looking for one volunteer every Sunday, between the hours of 1pm - 5pm, and we are looking for a minimum commitment of 6 months. Please consider this before submitting your application, as we are unable to offer volunteering on another day.
What would I be doing?
- Greeting visitors on their arrival, providing directions and answering any questions they may have
- Explaining the Cattery rehoming process to visitors interested in rehoming
- Assisting visitors with the registration process and with booking rehoming interview slots
- Helping to manage the flow of people in the Cattery
- Encouraging visitors to use our retail areas
- Ensuring that those leaving the Home are thanked for visiting
- When needed, ensuring that the shop is clean and tidy and stock is displayed and merchandised effectively
- Undertaking other reasonable tasks as required
What skills would be useful?
- Great communication skills with the ability to communicate with staff, volunteers and the public
- Experience of customer service, and face-to-face interactions with the public
- Ability to be self-motivated and have a positive attitude
- Experience of working in a team
- Good verbal and written skills
- Ability to work on your own and use your initiative to solve problems
- An understanding of cats and their behaviours
- Sympathetic to the policies and aims of Battersea Dogs & Cats Home
What training will I get
- Successful volunteers will be shown how to use the relevant systems and processes in order to carry out their role
- Ongoing support from the Cattery Team Leader, Rehoming Staff and Volunteer Coordinators
- Uniform you will need in your role
- Weekly updates on the priority areas of work in the Home
- The opportunity to gain experience in a customer-facing role within an animal charity
- References where appropriate
Where would I be volunteering?
The role is based at Battersea Dogs & Cats Home, 4 Battersea Park Road, London, SW8 4AA.
When would I be volunteering?
The role is for one shift per week (the same day each week). We are currently recruiting for the following shifts:
- Sunday PM (1pm – 5pm)
Due to the training and support that is provided, we are looking for a regular commitment over at least six months.
Please note that this role does not involve volunteering directly with the cats.
Who would be my volunteering contact?
The Cattery Team Leader and Rehoming Staff, supported by the Volunteer Coordinator.
How do I apply for this role?
Please click here to fill in our online application form before the closing date of 28th July. Please note that we reserve the right to close recruitment early should we receive a high number of applications.