Challenge and Community Office Support Volunteer
- Posts available:1
- Full/Part time:Volunteer
- Contract type:Volunteer
- Closing date:Thursday, February 22, 2018
Why do Battersea need a volunteer?
Our talented and award-winning fundraising team is vibrant, ambitious and well respected. It’s therefore an exciting time to work at one of the country’s most loved and best known animal charities – and work as part of one of the fastest growing fundraising teams. Our Challenge and Community team continue to grow and we need support with a range of admistrative tasks throughout the year. This is a great role for anyone interested in learning more about both challenge and community fundraising. The role will be for two 9am-5pm weekdays each week. These days can be flexible according to your availablity.
What would I be doing?
- Supporting with funding application to local supermarkets in London and the South East
- Responding to enquires from potential supporters
- Researching local schools, companies, and groups to secure potential fundraising support
- Researching and communicating with potential trade stands for our national event, Muddy Dog Challenge
- Researching venues for our carol concert in December
- Sending fundraising materials to our runners
- Stock audits
- Sourcing raffle prizes
- Opportunities to volunteer with the team at events
What skills would be useful?
- Confident use of Outlook – Word, Excel and email
- Enthusiastic, energetic and positive manner
- Organised, and able to work independently,
- Confident to make telephone calls to both current and potential supporters
- Good understanding of using internet search engines, such as Google
What skills will I gain?
- Developing your knowledge of challenge and community fundraising and enhancing your CV
- Having fun, meeting new people, sharing your enthusiasm and doing something new.
- Making a real difference to the dogs and cats in our care, helping them find new homes and happy futures.
- Being part of the Battersea Team.
- Travel expenses fully reimbursed
What else do I need to know?
- The role will be based at our London site - 4 Battersea Park Road, London SW8 4AA
- This role does not involve direct volunteering with the dogs and cats, so please bear this in mind when applying
- Unfortunately we can't accept applications from outside the London and South East region
- If your application is successfully shortlised, you will be asked to come in for an informal interview with the Challenge and Community Fundraising team, and the Volunteer team.
- If you have any questions regarding the role, please email Christina Franklin (Volunteer Coordinator) on firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you're interested in applying, please complete this online application form by midnight on Thursday 22nd February. Battersea Dogs and Cats Home reserve the right to close the role early if sufficient applications are received.