Christmas Retail Volunteer
- Reference:Christmas Retail
- Posts available:6
- Full/Part time:Volunteer
- Contract type:Volunteer
- Closing date:Saturday, November 30, 2019
Battersea's online shop and Christmas mail orders represent an important income stream, as well as being a key area of support in giving to Battersea. We are going to be launching our Christmas catalogue and we are looking for volunteers to help us process and fufill all the orders that will come through. This fun project will run through September until Christmas supporting the retail team during the busy Christmas rush.
This is an excellent opportunity to get involved in an exciting project that will ultimately support the work of a leading animal welfare charity, one that is over 150 years old. With no government funding towards the running of the home, it’s no exaggeration to say that without our supporters, we wouldn’t be able to take care of thousands of dogs and cats who need our help each year.
What would I be doing?
- Provide excellent standards of customer service by email and/or over the telephone
- Process mail order payments following standards and processes
- Preparing and packing mail and online order parcels ready for dispatch, completing relevant paperwork and filing as per agreed procedures
- Assist in the organisation of stock in the retail stockroom completing stock takes as required
- To perform additional tasks as reasonably requested by the Retail Operations Manager
What skills would be useful?
- Some experience of working in a retail fulfillment environment, using tills and handling cash stock
- Skilled in providing a high level of customer service, interacting with customers in an engaging and enthusiastic manner in writing and over the phone in order to maximise sales
- Ability to cope with time spent on your feet and sometimes physical work
- Ability to be self-motivated in the generation of work
- Ability to cope well under pressure
- Ability to communicate with the public, staff and volunteers at every level, with use of tact and diplomacy when dealing with others
What skills will I be able to gain or develop?
- Transferrable skills in retail and order fulfillment, including the use of our EPOS (Electronic Point of Sale) till system
- Exposure to project management skills, in supporting in this time-sensitive and vital role
- Team working and communication skills in an energetic and fun environment
- You'll receive ongoing mentoring, coaching and support from the Retail Team
How do I apply for this role?
We're asking for people who are available during the week and are able to give us at least one day a week. If you're interested and would like to get involved please fill out our online application form found here.
You'll receive a call from our Retail team to discuss the role with you and possible next steps. Please note that this is a limited-time project from the start of September until 18 December.