Brighton Marathon Cheer Point Volunteer
- Location:Various locations
- Posts available:15
- Full/Part time:Volunteer
- Contract type:Volunteer
- Closing date:Thursday, April 12, 2018
Why do Battersea need a volunteer?
The Challenge and Public Events team at Battersea Dogs & Cats Home support, and manage, a number of events and their participants. Part of the support that is offered to anyone taking part in an even,t like the Brighton Marathon, is being present on the race day to cheer on the Battersea team. This support to a runner is a much-needed boost whilst they are running their 26 miles to raise vital funds for the dogs and cats that the Home care for.
What would I be doing?
On Sunday 15th April, Battersea Dogs & Cats Home will have a cheer point at the Brighton Marathon to support our runners who are raising money for the Home. We have a team of people running on behalf of the Home and we will be there to support them all the way. There is no better feeling that hearing someone shout your name when you are at a tricky stage on the route, so the more support we can provide, the better. We rely on our volunteers on the day and everyone one of them makes a huge difference, so the more the merrier. Each volunteer is provided with a Battersea Dogs & Cats Home t-shirt to wear whilst at the event, as well as banger sticks. All they need to bring is their voice and it is sure to be a fun and uplifting day! We'd like volunteers to start at 11am, and then donate as you can on the day. Just let us know on your application what time you are available until.
What skills would be useful?
- An interest in the Brighton Marathon - more information about the event can be found here
- Able to stand for a period of time
- Enthusiasm and interest in Battersea Dogs and Cats Home
- A loud cheering voice!
What skills will I gain?
- Experience of a large charity event
- Insight into how the Home fundraises
- Travel expenses reimbursed for the journey
What else do I need to know?
- The role will be based opposite the British Airway i306, Kings Road, Brighton BN1 2LN
- This role will not involve direct volunteering with dogs and cats, so please bear this in mind when applying
- Unfortunately, we cannot applications from outside the London and the South East region
- After submitting your application, you will be contacted by the Events team via email no later than a week before the event with further details
- If you have any questions regarding the role, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator, Christina Franklin on firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you would like to apply for the role, please fill out our online application form by midnight on Thursday 12th April.