Supporter Services Volunteer
- Reference:Supporter Services Volunteer
- Posts available:1
- Full/Part time:Volunteer
- Contract type:Volunteer
- Closing date:Sunday, December 15, 2019
WHY DO WE NEED A VOLUNTEER?
Our talented Fundraising team is vibrant, ambitious and well respected. It’s therefore an exciting time to volunteer at one of the country’s most loved and best-known animal charities – and be part of one of the fastest growing fundraising teams.
Supporter Services sits within the Public Fundraising team and works closely with the whole of fundraising to enable them to fundraise effectively and raise millions of pounds for our dogs and cats. Our supporters are an essential part of the Battersea family, and this team is responsible for ensuring they feel valued and appreciated as individuals by the Battersea.
We need volunteers to help us ensure that each supporter who contacts Battersea is helped with their query in a warm, friendly and efficient way. A very process driven team, Supporter Services need to know about activity taking place across Battersea and be able to assist our donors in supporting us in a variety of ways.
This is an ideal volunteer role if you are looking to gain or develop skills and experience in an office environment, in the charity sector and/or in fundraising. This role involves dealing with supporter donations and queries via telephone, email and post.
The team are looking for 1 volunteer on a Tuesday, between 9am-5pm, and we are looking for a minimum commitment for 6 months. Please consider this before applying, as we are unable to offer volunteering on another day.
WHAT WOULD I BE DOING AS A SUPPORTER SERVICES VOLUNTEER?
- Providing the first point of contact for supporters who call Battersea
- Dealing professionally with all correspondence from our supporters in a warm, friendly and helpful manner
- Making sure our supporters know how valued they are by thanking them for their kind donations
- Updating our fundraising database with accurate supporter information and communication preferences
- Helping with direct debit administration
- Having the best interests of Battersea and our supporters at heart
- Opening and sorting Battersea's incoming post
- Other administrative duties as required
WHAT EXPERIENCE OR SKILLS WILL I NEED TO DO THIS ROLE?
- Well-developed communication skills, particularly using the telephone
- Good computer literacy and Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to use empathy, tact and diplomacy when talking to supporters on the phone
- Good attention to detail and time management
- Ability to work on your own and use your initiative to solve problems
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS FOR ME?
This is a great opportunity to get involved with a world-famous animal charity, one that is over 150 years old. With no Government funding towards the running of Battersea, it’s no exaggeration to say that without our supporters, we wouldn’t be able to take care of thousands of dogs and cats who need our help each year. By volunteering with our Supporter Services team, you will be helping ensure our supporters feel part of the Battersea family.
You will gain excellent experience of working within a successful fundraising team and will be able to see first-hand how we raise the funds needed for the dogs and cats in our care. We are champions for and supporters of vulnerable dogs and cats, determined to create lasting changes for animals in our society.
There will also be opportunities to get involved with fundraising events and collections.
We recently conducted a survey with our current volunteers, where the aspect that was enjoyed most was the interaction with the team and our supporters.
WHAT TRAINING AND SUPPORT WILL I GET?
- The successful person will be shown how to use our systems and processes, including our online donation tool and Raiser’s Edge – a database used by many charities in the UK
- Ongoing support available from the Senior Supporter Services Administrator and the rest of the Supporter Services Team.
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
- The role will be based at our London site - 4 Battersea Park Road, London SW8 4AA
- This role will not involve direct volunteering with dogs and cats, so please bear this in mind when applying
- Unfortunately, we cannot accept applications outside of the London and South East region
- If your application is shortlisted, you will be invited to an informal interview with the Supporter Services team
- If you have any questions regarding the role, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator team on email@example.com
- If you would like to apply for the role, please fill out our online application form. Please note that we will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis, and reserve the right to close the role early should we receive a high number of applications.
- Please note, we do not accept CVs and cover letters for this role