- About us
- Get involved
- Help & advice
- Fun & Learning
Do you have a spare room which you could offer to a pregnant cat to have her kittens?
We’re currently recruiting Volunteer Cat Fosterers to help us care for the influx of kittens we will see in the next few months.
Between March and September, we have an urgent need for volunteer cat fosterers who can provide a safe and calm foster home for pregnant mums and their kittens, and, on occasion, foster homes to some of the other cats in our care for medical reasons.
We’re looking for people who have a secure spare room, and who have had looked after cats (particularly new born kittens) before and are willing to travel to either our London or Brands Hatch site. Please note that we are not looking for cat fosterers for our Old Windsor site at this time.
You’ll play an essential part in offering pregnant cats some quiet space to have their kittens, and then some vital socialising sessions for the kittens, which will help us to find them permanent homes when you bring them back to Battersea. We’re ideally looking for people who can take on cats for 9-13 weeks, can provide updates and photographs as needed and have their own transport, as some cats will need to be brought back to Battersea regularly. In return we will provide:
- Full training on caring for pregnant cats and kittens
- All food, equipment and medication you may need throughout the period of foster
- Reimbursement of travel expenses
- Advice and support from our Foster Coordinators
- The benefits of owning a cat on a temporary basis
- The knowledge that you are making a difference to the lives of the cats in the care of Battersea Dogs & Cats Home
This volunteer role will not be suitable for anyone who has not had experience of looking after cats.
All successful applicants will be invited in for an informal interview and a home visit will be arranged.