Homemade Cat Treats
27 APRIL 2020
Every cat deserves a special treat every now and then! These homemade cat biscuits contain just three ingredients and are super simple to make.
You should only give these to your cat as occasional treats, alongside a well-balanced diet and they’re not suitable for cats with special dietary requirements.
- 1 Tin of tuna in spring water (undrained)
- 1 Egg, whisked
- 210g of plain or wholemeal flour
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees centigrade. Add the tin of tuna, including the liquid into a bowl. Then add in a whisked egg and blend until smooth using a hand blender. Add the flour and stir everything together to form a dough.
- Divide the dough into four equal balls and put three of them in the freezer to use another time.
- Roll out one ball of dough on a lightly floured work surface until it’s about 1cm thick. Then cut out the biscuit using whatever shape you like. It’s best to keep the biscuits on the smaller side for your cat.
- Cut out the biscuits. This part can get a little fiddly, so you might need to poke the dough out of the cutter using a cocktail stick.
- Place your biscuit shapes on a lined baking tray and bake at 180 degrees centigrade for 20-25 minutes. Once they are crunchy and golden brown, remove from the oven. Leave to cool completely before feeding to your cat. These cat biscuits will keep fresh in a sealed container for up to 1 weeks.