Christmas Cat Treats
04 DECEMBER 2020
Let’s face it, we all deserve a treat this festive season, that also includes your cat!
Why not spoil your four legged friend with these homemade Christmas biscuits? They’re super simple to make and are a delicious treat for your cat!
- 100g rolled oats
- 100g cooked white meat turkey (no salt or seasoning added), chopped small
- 1 large egg
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Place the oats in a food processor and pulse them into a flour. Alternatively, you can use ready-made oat flour. Add the turkey pieces to the food processor and pulse until well combined. Turn out into a bowl.
- Add the egg and mix well, then bring together with your hands to form a dough.
- Divide the dough into four equal balls and put three of them in the freezer to use another time.
- On a lightly floured work surface, take a small amount of the dough, roll into a ball and press flat using your finger into bite-sized biscuits.
- Place the biscuits evenly on a lined baking tray and bake at 180°C for 15-17 minutes, or until golden brown and dried out on the top. Once cooked, allow to cool completely.
Now it’s time to treat your cat! The christmas cat treats can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
You should only give these to your cat as occasional treats, alongside a well-balanced diet and they’re not suitable for cats with special dietary requirements.