23 APRIL 2020
Our homemade dog treats are the perfect way to treat your dog to something special and can also be used as a reward for training.
They contain just three ingredients and are super simple to make!
Remember, these are a treat for your dog, so you should only make them occasionally and ensure they’re fed to them in small amounts, alongside a well-balanced diet that’s appropriate for their age and lifestyle.
Dog biscuit recipe
- 1 Banana
- 60g Sweet potato, mashed
- 160g Oats / Oat flour
- Peel and chop your sweet potato then boil in a saucepan of water for about 10-15 minutes, until soft. Once thoroughly cooked, drain and set aside to cool completely.
- Tip your oats into a blender and pulse them into a flour, or alternatively you can use ready-made oat flour.
- Add your banana to a bowl along with your cooled sweet potato. Blend until smooth using a hand blender. Then, add in your blended oats or oat flour.
- Mix all the ingredients and then bring together with your hands to form a dough. Wrap the dough in cling film and leave the in the fridge for up to 6 hours, or overnight. It’s important to do this, as it will allow the oats to absorb some moisture, and means that they won’t swell in your dog’s stomach.
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees centigrade. Lightly flour your work surface and roll the dough out to be about 1cm thick. Cut out the biscuits, using whatever shape you like.
- Place them on a lined baking tray and bake in the oven at 180 degrees for 30-35 minutes. When they are thoroughly cooked through, remove them from the oven and leave to cool completely.
Once cool, they are ready for your dog to enjoy! These biscuits will keep fresh in a sealed container for up to two weeks. Take a look at our dog advice for more information on diets and toxic food for dogs.