Our recipe for homemade cat-friendly ice lollies is quick and simple to make, as well as being a tasty treat for your cat on a hot summer’s day.
Just like dogs, cats also need to be kept cool during hot spells. Give these to your cat as an occasional treat, alongside a well-balanced diet. These are not suitable for cats with special dietary requirements.
Cat ice lolly recipe
- Liquid from 1 tin of tuna in spring water
- 400ml Water
- Small paper cup for a mould
- Meaty treat stick (Stick-shaped edible cat treat)
- Measure out your water into a jug, then drain in the liquid from a tin of tuna in spring water. Give it a quick stir.
- Pour the mixture into small paper cups (or whatever you are using as a mould) and place in the freezer until they are partially set. This should take about 1 hour and the mixture should be enough for around 5-6 lollies.
- Once they have started to freeze, take them out and add a meaty stick-shaped cat treat to make the stick of the lolly. Place back in the freezer until they are completely frozen.
- Once frozen, remove the paper cup before giving one to your cat. It’s best to give these to your cat outdoors (in the shade, if it’s a very hot day), or in a bowl, so the lolly doesn’t melt all over your floor!
Get your free pet care guide
Our free guide is packed with expert advice and answers to all your questions on toxic foods, body language, training, and brain games for your pet. We’ve even included recipes for making pet-safe homemade treats and toys.