Make or donate goods
There are lots of things our dogs and cats can use, so we're always on the lookout for donations of new or used items. If you're feeling creative there are also lots of things that you can make for our animals.
Please remember that there are some items we can't use so before sending your donation please check this lists below.
We always need
- 'Vetbed' (specialist dog bedding)
- Dog toys - tough, durable, easily cleanable
- Cat treats
- Cat scratching posts / carpet squares
- Cat toys - ping-pong balls, catnip toys
- Cat igloo beds
- Cat baskets (for transporting cats)
- Indoor dog pens / crates
- Dog treats (especially rawhides)
- Dog coats (especially waterproof ones)
- Dog leads, harnesses and 'gentle leaders'
- Stereos and CD players for kennels
- Training aids for dogs
- Long lengths of climbing rope
- Hard plastic kids' paddling pools for the summer
- Hard plastic kids' toys like wendy houses for dogs to play in
- Greyhound collars
- Mobiles and wind chimes for kennels
- Books about dogs and cats to further our staff's knowledge.
We unfortunately cannot use
- Dog or cat food - we feed all our residents a regular diet of premium food to keep them healthy - changing food can upset their stomachs
- Old computer equipment, as it is not compatible with our computer system
- Dirty or soiled items as this costs us money to launder before our animals can use them.
Made in Battersea
In our new ‘Made in Battersea’ craft series you can learn how to make cheap, easy and enriching homemade toys for dogs and cats, just like our volunteers and staff do at Battersea.
In this episode you can learn how to make a wand toy for your cat, which is a great way to keep your cat entertained as they can play with you or by themselves.
In this episode you can learn how to make a ring ragger toy for your dog, which is great for a tug game with adult dogs or puppies, and all you need is an old jumper and some scissors.
Check back regularly for more ideas, inspiration and new ways to get creative in support of Battersea. Your donations help us to care for the thousands of animals who come into Battersea every year.