Make or donate goods
Please note: We are currently only able to accept donations of food, bedding, toys etc. at our Old Windsor centre. If you would like to donate any of the items listed below to our Old Windsor centre please contact us.
Please remember that there are some items we can't use so before sending your donation please check this lists below.
We always need
- 'Vetbed' (specialist dog bedding)
- Dog toys - tough, durable, easily cleanable
- Cat treats
- Cat scratching posts / carpet squares
- Cat toys - ping-pong balls, catnip toys
- Cat igloo beds
- Indoor dog pens / crates
- Dog treats (especially rawhides)
- Dog coats (especially waterproof ones)
- Dog leads, harnesses and 'gentle leaders'
- Training aids for dogs
- Hard plastic kids' paddling pools for the summer
- Greyhound collars
- Mobiles and wind chimes for kennels
- Books about dogs and cats to further our staff's knowledge.
We unfortunately cannot use
- Dog or cat food - we feed all our residents a regular diet of premium food to keep them healthy - changing food can upset their stomachs
- Travel crates
- Pillows, cushions and duvets
- Old computer equipment, as it is not compatible with our computer system
- Dirty or soiled items as this costs us money to launder before our animals can use them.
Made in Battersea
In our new ‘Made in Battersea’ craft series you can learn how to make cheap, easy and enriching homemade toys for dogs and cats, just like our volunteers and staff do at Battersea.
In this episode you can learn how to make a wand toy for your cat, which is a great way to keep your cat entertained as they can play with you or by themselves.
In this episode you can learn how to make a ring ragger toy for your dog, which is great for a tug game with adult dogs or puppies, and all you need is an old jumper and some scissors.
Check back regularly for more ideas, inspiration and new ways to get creative in support of Battersea. Your donations help us to care for the thousands of animals who come into Battersea every year.