Everyone deserves a treat this festive season and that includes your dog!
Spoil your four legged friend with these homemade Christmas biscuits. They’re super simple to make and are a delicious treat for your dog!
- 150g plain or wholemeal flour
- 85g xylitol-free peanut butter*
- 1 medium banana
- 4 tablespoons hot water
* It’s important to make sure the peanut butter does not contain xylitol as it is toxic to dogs. Not suitable for those with nut allergies.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Add the xylitol-free peanut butter and hot water to a bowl, and give it a good mix.
- Add the banana to the bowl and blend until smooth using a hand blender.
- Add the flour to the bowl and bring together with your hands to form a dough.
- Lightly flour your work surface and roll out the dough to about 1cm thick. Cut out the biscuits using whatever shape you like.
- Place the biscuits on a lined baking tray and bake at 180°C for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. When they are thoroughly cooked through, remove them from the oven and leave to cool completely.
Once cool, you can treat your dog! The Christmas dog treats can be stored in a cool place in an airtight container for up to 10 days.
These are a treat for your dog, so you should only make them occasionally and ensure they’re fed to them in small amounts, alongside a well-balanced diet that’s appropriate for their age and lifestyle. They’re not suitable for dogs with nut allergies or other special dietary requirements.