Our Supporter Promise
Your valued support helps Battersea Dogs & Cats Home care for thousands of vulnerable, lost and abandoned dogs and cats every year. We simply could not and would not exist without you. With no Government funding towards the running costs, it is our sincere and genuine hope that you realise just how important you, and generous people like you, are to our Home.
We are constantly reviewing our fundraising activities to ensure that we are meeting the expectations and trust that you and other kind animal lovers have placed with us. And we want you to feel informed and reassured that we carry out our fundraising in an entirely ethical and responsible manner.
Our Supporter Promise guarantee
With our Supporter Promise we guarantee that when you choose to support the Home we will:
Take care of your data and respect your privacy
- We will keep your personal details safe and secure
- We will be clear about how we will use your contact information from the outset
- We will never share or sell your personal data with or to other organisations.
Keep you up to date with how your support is helping vulnerable dogs and cats
- We will respect your wishes and respond promptly if you would like us to change how and when we contact you
- We will only contact you by email or telephone if you have provided us with these contact details and have agreed for us to do so
- We will be especially careful and sensitive when engaging with vulnerable individuals and we will abide by guidance on responding to the needs of people in vulnerable circumstances.
Ensure that all third party fundraising agencies we work with uphold the same high standards you expect from Battersea
- We will regularly monitor the activities and compliance of all fundraising agencies we work with to ensure they are representing our Home appropriately
- We will act swiftly and decisively if we find at any time that agencies operating on our behalf are not meeting our own high standards.
Adhere to all legislation, guidelines and standards related to our fundraising activities
- We will regularly monitor all of our fundraising activities against the Code of Practice, the Data Protection Act 1998, the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003, HM Revenue & Customs rules and the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard
- We will also ensure that the ways we fundraise meet our own organisational values, which include integrity, respect, excellence and care.
Getting in touch with us
If you ever have any questions about our fundraising activities, or if you would like to change how, or when you hear from us, please do not hesitate to contact us by:
Telephone: Freephone 0300 3231 216 (Monday to Friday, between 9am and 5pm)
Post: Supporter Services, Battersea Dogs & Cats Home, 4 Battersea Park Road, London, SW8 4AA.
Please remember to include your name and address. Please also include a contact telephone number so that we can call you if we need any more information to answer your question.
We realise that sometimes we might get it wrong and we truly value all feedback about our work. We believe that complaints are an opportunity to learn and improve and it is important that you tell us so we can deal with any situation as quickly as possible.
If you do have a complaint about our fundraising activities, please get in touch using the contact details above.
The Fundraising Regulator is the independent regulator of charitable fundraising. If we are unable to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction and it is about our fundraising activities, you can ask the Fundraising Regulator to consider it. All the contact information you need to make a complaint can be found on the Fundraising Regulator website.
Please note that the Fundraising Regulator can only consider complaints received within three months of the original incident you wish to complain about, or within two months of our final response to you.