Animal Transport & Care Assistant
- Department:Operations (Animal Partnerships)
- Posts available:2
- Salary:£19,340 per annum plus a non-contractual, non-pensionable London Allowance of £3,020 per annum
- Full/Part time:Full Time
- Contract type:Permanent
- Closing date:Monday, July 13, 2020
We are looking for a Animal Transport & Care Assistant to provide safe transportation of animals between Battersea sites and other locations in the UK, demonstrating the highest standard in the handling and management of all animals at point of collection and delivery. During periods of reduced transportation requirements, this role will also complete site cleaning, laundry functions and also assist with limited canine husbandry & hygiene requirements within the kennel environment across all 3 sites.
Battersea is here for every dog and cat and has been since 1860. We are a leading animal welfare charity and over the last 150 years we’ve grown from one home in London to three rescuing and rehoming centres across the South East. With c500 staff and 1000 volunteers, we have cared for over three million vulnerable animals We also campaign tirelessly to make things better for dogs and cats; sharing our expertise and educating the public and policymakers about responsible pet ownership. Join us and make a difference for every dog and cat.
Our Operations Team
This role sits within the Operations Directorate, which is responsible for delivering the highest standards of animal welfare and care for every dog and cat in their journey through the Home, from reception, to intake, to assessment and then to rehoming.
What we can offer you
Our dedicated people mean that we can be here for every dog and cat. Whether you are sharing an office with our dogs or directly caring for our cats, our animals show their appreciation every day. There is no better reward than seeing the difference you make to the lives of our dogs and cats first-hand; although we also provide a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- 28 days of annual leave (plus 8 days paid public holidays) per year
- Generous pension contributions – up to 10% employer contribution
- Free healthcare cash plan, where you can claim for a range of treatment including dental (£120), optical (£120), physiotherapy, chiropody and acupuncture (£300) every year
- Annual interest-free season ticket loans
- Discounted gym memberships and cycle to work schemes
- Life insurance
So, if you are passionate about dogs, cats and about our work, then we’d like to hear from you.
For full details, including our job applicant privacy notice, please download our recruitment pack. You can apply by visiting our online application portal. All applications must be submitted before the closing date advertised.