Cat Ice Lolly
13 MAY 2020
Our recipe for homemade cat-friendly ice lollies is quick and simple to make, as well as being a tasty treat for your cat on a hot summer’s day.
Just like dogs, cats also need to be kept cool during hot spells.
Give these to your cat as an occasional treat, alongside a well-balanced diet. These are not suitable for cats with special dietary requirements.
Cat ice lolly recipe
- Liquid from 1 tin of tuna in spring water
- 400ml Water
- Small paper cup for a mould
- Meaty treat stick (Stick-shaped cat treat)
- Measure out your water into a jug, then drain in the liquid from a tin of tuna in spring water. Give it a quick stir.
- Pour the mixture into small paper cups (or whatever you are using as a mould) and place in the freezer until they are partially set. This should take about 1 hour and the mixture should be enough for around 5-6 lollies.
- Once they have started to freeze, take them out and add a meaty stick-shaped cat treat to make the stick of the lolly. Place back in the freezer until they are completely frozen.
- Once frozen, remove the paper cup before giving one to your cat. It’s best to give these to your cat outdoors (in the shade, if it’s a very hot day), or in a bowl, so the lolly doesn’t melt all over your floor!