Battersea Old Windsor issues urgent appeal for car parking space on the eve of their biggest event of the year
Battersea Dogs & Cats Home in Old Windsor are issuing an urgent appeal for car parking space ahead of their biggest event of the year tomorrow – their annual Fun Day on Saturday 2 July – following flooding in the nearby fields which routinely serve as car parking space for nearly 400 vehicles.
Battersea Old Windsor Fun Day, an event which welcomes thousands of visitors to Battersea’s beautiful Berkshire Home each year, has had to issue the urgent appeal to local residents for a field which is within walking distance to the rescue centre that can serve as a space for nearly 400 cars tomorrow.
Kaye Mughal, Centre Manager at Battersea Old Windsor said: “This really is an urgent appeal for us and we’re putting out our plea to the wonderful local residents of Old Windsor to help us find the parking spaces. We need to find a space which is within walking distance of our centre and big enough to potentially hold hundreds of cars.
Kaye continued: “This special event saw 3,000 people attend last year and raises hundreds of pounds, vital to help Battersea rescue, rehome and reunite thousands of dogs and cats across the UK, and is a brilliant opportunity for dog owners to enjoy a family day out with their pets. We really don’t want the lack of parking to ruin such a great day which we, and our dogs, have all been looking forward to so much.”
If you can help by providing a field for tomorrow’s event, please get in contact with us urgently before 6.30pm tonight on: firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 7627 7886.
Alongside the parade tomorrow, there will be stalls and games to play. Visitors are invited to bring their own dogs along too, to enter in one of the hotly contested dog classes such as Golden Oldie, Handsomest Dog, and Best Battersea Dog, co-judged by Channel 4’s Countdown wordsmith and local resident Susie Dent and Battersea Ambassador and celebrated children’s author Dame Jacqueline Wilson.
Event: Battersea Dogs & Cats Home’s Old Windsor Fun Day
Admission: Adult - £2, Child (3-15 years) - £1, Child (under 3 years) - Free, Concession - £1, Groups of up to five people (all denominations) - £7
Location: Battersea Dogs & Cats Home Old Windsor, Priest Hill, Windsor, Berkshire SL4 2JN
Date: Saturday 2 July 2016
Time: 10.30am to 4.30pm
- Ends -
For more information and images please contact 020 7627 9291 or email email@example.com
Notes to editors
• Dog shows running during the event include:
o 11.15 – 11.45 – Waggiest Tail
o 12.45 – 13.15 – Loveliest Lady, judged by Dame Jacqueline Wilson
o 13.15 – 13.45 – Obedience elimination
o 13.45 – 14.15 – Most Fabulous Fella
o 14.15 – 14.45 – Golden Oldie, judged by Dame Jacqueline Wilson & Susie Dent
o 14.45 – 15.15 - Dog the judges would like to take home, judged by Susie Dent
o 15.45 – 16.15 – Best Battersea Dog, judged by Susie Dent
• Battersea’s Old Windsor centre cared for around 1300 dogs and over 500 cats in 2015.
• Since it was founded, Battersea has rescued, reunited and rehomed over 3.1 million dogs and cats.
• Battersea Old Windsor cares for an average of 115 dogs and 46 cats at any one time.
• There is no time limit on how long an animal can stay at the charity but the average stay for a dog is 36 days and 27 days for a cat.
• A team of over 1200 volunteers help at Battersea’s three centres, in roles including dog and cat socialising, gardening, admin support and giving talks in the community.
• For further information on Battersea Dogs & Cats Home please visit www.battersea.org.uk.
• Follow Battersea on Twitter @BDCH or facebook.com/Battersea