DRAW ME LIKE ONE OF YOUR FRENCH MASTIFFS: BATTERSEA LAUNCHES VIRTUAL LIFE DRAWING SESSIONS FOR VALENTINE’S DAY
03 FEBRUARY 2021
Love in lockdown can be tricky – but this Valentine’s Day, Battersea is offering couples a virtual date with a difference.
The much-loved animal charity has teamed up with Wild Life Drawing to run a special life drawing class with some of its rescue dogs as models on 14 February.
Budding artists can channel their inner Jack from Titanic and put pen to paper to capture the individual personalities of the canine models while helping to support the thousands of dogs and cats that come through Battersea’s gates each year – all from the comfort of their own homes.
Artist Jennie Webber will host the Zoom class from her studio, while Battersea Rehoming and Welfare Manager, Becky Lodder, will talk about the dogs and the valuable work the charity has been doing for dogs and cats across the UK and beyond during the coronavirus pandemic.
“Whether you’re looking for a lockdown date with a difference with your Valentine, need a fun activity to entertain the kids or you’re just looking for something fun to do with friends, by taking part in this life drawing class, you can help support rescue dogs and cats and show them a little love in these uncertain times.”
The class will run 2-3.30pm on Sunday 14 February and will include an initial tutorial from Jennie on shapes and angles before participants will have chance to meet some of Battersea’s dogs. Jennie is donating 50% of proceeds to the care of Battersea’s dogs and cats.
Jennie said: “I truly believe that everyone is an artist – even if you’ve not picked up a pencil for years – and that’s why this class is open to all ages and abilities, with plenty of helpful tips and creative support throughout. Drawing is such a calming activity, a wonderful way to forget your worries for a little while and to support Battersea’s dogs and cats in need at the same time!”
Tickets will be on sale for £10 each, and participants will need basics such as paper and pencils but other materials and mediums are welcome. To sign up, or to find out more about Battersea, please visit www.battersea.org.uk or https://www.wildlifedrawing.co.uk.
- Battersea is committed to helping every dog and cat that needs us - championing their rights, loving their imperfections and expertly caring for them. Because rescue is our favourite breed.
- We’re reliant on the generosity of the public to continue to fund our vital work helping dogs and cats and the people who care for them. To donate to Battersea, visit https://donate.battersea.org.uk.
- Battersea directly helps thousands of dogs and cats across its three centres and uses its expertise, influence, and voice to help many more animals all over the country and across the world.
- In addition to the site in South West London, Battersea also has two other centres based at Old Windsor, Berkshire and Brands Hatch, Kent.
- Follow Battersea on Twitter @battersea_ or facebook.com/Battersea