A Place To Lay Their Heads: Battersea Old Windsor Dog Blankets Appeal
17 MAY 2022
Revamping your home furnishings or having a Spring clean and clear out?
Battersea Old Windsor, Berkshire is in desperate need of fleecy, warm blankets, so that the many dogs in the centre’s care, have a comfortable place to lay their heads for a snooze after long days of walks, treats and counting down the days until they find a family of their own.
Staff at the much-loved charity are hoping that animal lovers will open their hearts and their cupboards to offer some cosy blanket donations, so that dogs at the rescue centre can have a good night’s sleep, while dreaming of their much longed for new home.
Battersea dogs like Ruby, a very affectionate and energetic two-year-old Greyhound, who has been looking for a new home since November last year, usually have an abundance of warm blankets to sleep on. However, staff at the rescue centre are having to share out blankets, as there are not enough to go around, due to a shortage of donations.
“Ruby likes to sleep in a soft, comfy bed with a blanket over the top of her and absolutely loves to be gently tucked in at night. With her fun and playful temperament and a tail that never stops wagging, she needs a steady supply of blankets, while she waits for the perfect home to come along,” says Kaye Mughal, Centre Manager, Battersea Old Windsor.
“Battersea rely on the generosity of our kind supporters to help keep our dogs warm and comfortable. We have lots of different dogs of all shapes and sizes coming through our doors and as you can imagine we use a lot of blankets, they are washed every day, so we would be very grateful for any donations.”
If you have any clean, unwanted fleece blankets, throws or non-feather single duvets, Battersea Old Windsor’s dogs would love to make use of them. Unfortunately, pillows and sheets are not suitable, and towels are not currently needed.
Please contact Battersea Old Windsor for details on how to donate blankets on 01784 494440 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• For more information and images please email email@example.com
Notes to editors
• At Battersea we offer our love and expert care to dogs and cats who need us by rescuing, rehabilitating and rehoming animals at our centres, and by sharing our knowledge and resources with rescue organisations around the world. We do this because we want to help every dog and cat, everywhere.
• In 2021 Battersea directly cared for 1,601 dogs and 1,743 cats at our three centres. We also helped thousands more through our Communities programme, campaigning work, supporting other rescue centres and animal welfare advocates, and sharing knowledge and advice with pet owners.
• In addition to the site in Old Windsor, Berkshire Battersea also has its centre in South West London and another at Brands Hatch, Kent.
• To find out more visit our website or follow Battersea on Twitter @battersea_ , Instagram @battersea or facebook.com/Battersea