Thanks a million! Battersea pays tribute to players of People’s Postcode Lottery after total contribution exceeds £1m
Battersea Dogs & Cats Home has thanked players of People’s Postcode Lottery for helping to give vulnerable animals a second chance in life.
In 2016, the Home was awarded a total of £650,000 by players of People’s Postcode Lottery, the largest annual amount since their partnership began in 2014.
The support in 2016, which included £200,000 to be used to support the incredible work of the Home’s 1,380 volunteers and foster carers, takes the total funding Battersea has received from the organisation to £1.3m.
Battersea Chief Executive Claire Horton said: "We can't thank players of People's Postcode Lottery enough for the contribution they make towards animals in need.
“Battersea could not care for thousands of dogs and cats every year were it not for its team of dedicated volunteers and foster carers.
“With such great support from players of People's Postcode Lottery, we've been able to invest in our volunteering programme, ensuring our team is kitted out for dog walking or attending events in all weather, and have all the equipment they need to provide a home from home for our most vulnerable animals.
“As well as helping homeless dogs and cats at our centres and in their own homes, many of our volunteers are also going out into the community to spread responsible pet ownership messages across multiple London boroughs and making good use of our Community Engagement Mobile Unit, generously funded by players in 2015.
“We've enjoyed three years of fantastic support and we hope this will continue for many years to come.”
The Home cares for an average of 260 dogs and 220 cats across its three centres – London, Brands Hatch and Old Windsor – at any one time, and rehomes to all corners of the UK from Plymouth to Glasgow.
For more information and images please contact 020 7627 9332 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notes to editors
• Established in 1860, Battersea Dogs & Cats Home aims never to turn away a dog or cat in need of our help. We reunite lost dogs and cats with their owners through our Lost Dogs & Cats Line or care for them until new homes can be found for them, giving them shelter and the highest standards of kennelling and veterinary care.
• Since it was founded, Battersea has rescued, reunited and rehomed over 3.1 million dogs and cats.
• For further information on Battersea Dogs & Cats Home please visit www.battersea.org.uk.
• Follow Battersea on Twitter @BDCH or facebook.com/Battersea
People’s Postcode Lottery
• People’s Postcode Lottery is a charity lottery. Players play with their postcodes to win cash prizes, while raising money for charities and good causes across Great Britain and globally
• A minimum of 30% goes directly to charities and players have raised £175.5 Million for good causes across the country
• £10 for 10 draws paid monthly in advance with prizes every day. For further prize information visit: www.postcodelottery.co.uk/prizes
• Maximum amount a single ticket can win is 10% of the draw revenue to a maximum of £400,000
• Players can sign up by Direct Debit, credit card or PayPal online at www.postcodelottery.co.uk, or by calling 0808 10-9-8-7-6-5
• Postcode Lottery Limited is regulated by the Gambling Commission under licences Number: 000-000829-N-102511-012 and Number: 000-000829-R-102513-011. Registered office: Titchfield House, 69/85 Tabernacle Street, London, EC2A 4RR
• People's Postcode Lottery manages multiple society lotteries promoted by different charities. For details on which society lottery is running each week, visit www.postcodelottery.co.uk/society
• This prize was part of the draw promoted by Postcode Local Trust