Before we match you with a feline friend, you will need to register your details. You can do this by registering online, in person by making an appointment at one of our centres, or by calling us on 0800 001 4444.
How to rehome a cat
At Battersea, we make every effort to match you with the best animal for you. That's why we look at everything from your living situation to your preferences. Because getting it right leads to something very special.
Three simple steps to rehome your new feline
- Register - you can register online, do this in person at one of our centres or call 0800 001 4444
- Match - our rehoming team will help you find your perfect pet and introduce you to them
- Rehome - after a final medical check and all the advice you could possibly need, you'll be able to take your new friend home with you.
Battersea's rehoming process
Our rehoming process is carefully tailored to each applicant, so please allow plenty of time. Our staff will always be on hand to discuss your individual requirements and answer any questions you may have during the process.
Occasionally the rehoming process is completed in one day, but you may need to return to a Battersea centre on several occasions before you find your perfect pet. We ask that you put careful thought into what will be involved in caring for a cat and make sure that everyone in your household is ready for the responsibility.
We are now accepting appointment booking at all three of our centres. To speak to a member of our team, please contact us via phone or email at the details below:
London – 0800 001 4444; email@example.com
Brands Hatch – 01474 875109; firstname.lastname@example.org
Old Windsor – 01784 494460
Further details about each rehoming stage
The best place to start your search and keep up-to-date on cats that are available for rehoming is on our online cat gallery. All cats that are ready for rehoming will have their own web profile providing details about their character and the sort of home that they are looking for. Once you have found a cat that you think would be a good match for you, make a note of the cat's reference number and give us a call on the number provided on their profile.
At this stage our Rehoming team will look into the behaviour and background of the cat you are interested in to see whether they may be a suitable match for you to come and meet them. Each cat is assessed when they come into the Home to find out what they are like and what sort of home, lifestyle and environment would best suit them. Our team will takes into account a cat’s suitability to be rehomed:
- As an indoor cat – our indoor cats tend to be cats that have reached the age of 12 or above and are happy and content to live indoors
- With children – many of our cats are suitable to live with children. We consider each cat's pre-admission history along with their temperament while in our care to help determine if they are suitable to live with children. We cannot guarantee any cat seen on the website will be suitable for a prospective owner. Sometimes the first cat that you pick won’t be the most suitable, so please keep an open mind regarding other matches. There is no limit to how many cats you can meet during the rehoming process to ensure we can help you find the perfect match.
When a suitable match has been found, you will be able to meet your potential new cat. Please remember that a Cattery environment can be stressful so some cats may not behave as they normally would in the home. The Rehoming team will give you a better indication of their true personality upon meeting them.
Before leaving, your cat will receive a final veterinary check and a member of our Rehoming team will go through any additional information that you may need to help your cat settle into their new home. All customers receive our support as part of our aftercare – we will give you a phone call within seven days of rehoming to find out how you and your cat are getting on and be available for any support required thereafter.
Our rehoming fee is £85 for cats (over six months), £95 for kittens (under six months) or £150 for a pair of cats and £165 for a pair of kittens. We accept cash or debit/credit card as payment (we are unable to accept cheques). Included in this cost are the following:
- Initial vaccinations, flea and worming treatment
- An identification tag
- Starter pack of food, advice and special offers
- Four weeks’ free Petplan insurance as your feline settles in to their new surroundings.
If you need any more information about adopting a cat please read our cat rehoming FAQ.