1. The cost of entry is £1 a week (£4.34 a month by Direct Debit) – entries are paid for in advance. Players may purchase more than one entry and payment must be made in advance. Entry is open to all residents of the UK.
2. All lottery players will be automatically entered into quarterly super draws to win prizes up to £3,000.
3. Players must be over the age of 18 years. Any person found to be under 18 years of age will have their stake returned and automatically forfeits the right to any prize.
4. Draws take place from the 13th of April 2018 and every Friday after. The draw will be made utilising a Random Number Generator (RNG) that has been tested and approved by an independent, Gambling Commission approved, third-party test house.
5. All proceeds from the Paw Draw weekly lottery go to Battersea Dogs & Cats Home (Registered office address: 4 Battersea Park Road, London, SW8 4AA). A charity registered in England and Wales 206394.
6. The prizes for the Paw Draw weekly lottery are in the welcome pack provided and are advertised on the Battersea Dogs & Cats Home website www.battersea.org.uk. There are no alternatives to any prize and no interest is payable. Entrants will be notified as to any change in the prize structure.
7. Prizes will be paid by cheque and posted to the winners within 14 days of the draw. Winners will be notified by phone, or players can call the lottery helpline on 0207 627 9312 (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm).
8. Battersea Dogs & Cats Home reserves the right to use the winner’s name for promotional purposes. These will only be in summary, e.g. Mrs M Smith from London. Each winner may be asked to provide a photograph (which will be returned) or be photographed if required, and provide comment on being selected as a winner, which may be used to help the Home promote future fundraising draws.
9. No liability is accepted for the loss, theft or delayed receipt of any communication.
10. Battersea Dogs & Cats Home is not responsible for any delay in bank payments.
11. The Promoter operates a Complaints and Disputes Procedure which is available from this web page and which will also be made available to customers upon request or a complaint being made.
12. Battersea Dogs & Cats Home is committed to ensure that information about how to gamble responsibly and how to access information and help in respect of problem gambling is readily available to all. Please refer to the guidance below, or request further information via the weekly lottery helpline on 0207 627 9312 (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm).
13. Any cancellation of an existing subscription will not affect your prior purchase of weekly lottery entries nor your rights as a holder of such entries, providing that you have complied with the foregoing obligations.
14. Battersea Dogs & Cats Home may (without giving any reason or notice at its absolute discretion) decline to accept an application, cancel an existing subscription, or terminate or suspend the weekly lottery scheme.
15. The rules are subject to change by Battersea Dogs & Cats Home.
The name of the responsible person is Maddy Eastwood, Battersea Dogs & Cats Home, 4 Battersea Park Road, London SW8 4AA. The Battersea Dogs & Cats Home Lottery is licensed by the Gambling Commission under the 2005 Gambling Act (www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk licence No. 5084).
Please participate in a socially responsible way. BeGambleAware is the UK’s leading authority on the provision of support, advice and counselling to people affected by gambling problems. If you or someone you know needs help or advice, call their helpline on 0808 8020 133 or visit www.begambleaware.co.uk.
What should I do if I think I have a problem with gambling?
BeGambleAware is the UK’s leading authority on the provision of support, advice and counselling to people affected by gambling problems. If you or someone you know needs help or advice, call their helpline on 0808 8020 133 or visit www.begambleaware.org.
If you have entered in to the lottery and would like to self-exclude yourself from future draws, please call the Lottery Helpline number 0207 627 9312 or write to:
The Paw Draw Weekly Lottery
PO Box 653
Direct Debit Guarantee
- The Guarantee is offered by all banks and building societies that accept instructions to pay Direct Debits.
- If there are any changes to the amount, date or frequency of your Direct Debit, DDPay Ltd re Battersea Dogs and Cats Home will notify you 10 working days in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed. If you request DDPay Ltd re Battersea Dogs and Cats Home to collect a payment, confirmation of the amount and date will be given to you at the time of the request.
- If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit, by DDPay Ltd re Battersea Dogs and Cats Home or your bank or building society, you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society.
- If you receive a refund you are not entitled to, you must pay it back when DDPay Ltd re Battersea Dogs and Cats Home asks you to.
- You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by simply contacting your bank or building society. Written confirmation may be required. Please also notify us.